Adobe Connect will replace Wimba as the learning management system in all courses requiring synchronous components. The switch was spurred by several factors, including Adobe Connect’s compliance with more computers, its sleeker look and number of features.
Adobe Connect’s features and benefits include:
- Flash-based (accessible to 98% of computer users)
- iPhone app available
- Android accessible (requires Flash 9.0)
- Simultaneous chat across multiple parties
- Content sharing across multiple meetings/classrooms
- Conference bridge*
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)
- Document sharing
- Video sharing
- Link sharing
- Breakout rooms
- Recording capability
Learning House will provide on-demand training in Adobe Connect, and special sessions can be set up through our Training Department. Contact email@example.com for more information.
*If the instructor has access to a conference line, it may be possible to integrate the conference line with an Adobe Connect classroom, allowing students to call in to participate rather than use VoIP.